Human gratification is something that cannot be delayed and being a therapeutic activity shopping comes into play here.
For centuries people have been doing their shopping in marketplaces, street and mall. But the scene was something different in the earlier times .shopping then was out of necessity while shopping now is out of fashion. During the 17th and 18th century there was an emergence of middle class for maintaining the basic standards of life. They started to shop items like cereals, pulses, etc. They used to visit the nearby market places for buying crops, food and cloth. The farmers and consumers used to supply them according to their needs.
With passage of time during the medieval period, shopping added to one’s concern about own self-interest and not the necessity.
And now in the modern phenomenon shopping emerges as a pleasure mode.
Skills for shopping:
Before pursuing any work we all need to have some skills so that we do not exaggerate our way of doing.
Possessing these given skills will help us a lot in shopping:
- Need to know about what we want
- Make a list of the items
- Always go for discount and offers
- explore varieties of a single item
- Be savvy with money
- Be aware of sales
- Only go for what you can afford
- Stay on budget and avoid debt
Types of shopping:
When we have a conversation regarding shopping we are only restricted to the world of going to the supermarket and doing some shopping over there. But in reality there are more than 87 types of shopping available.
Only few of them are currently in a flow of trending and some of them are:
- Online shopping: The most popular action now is that people go for searching and purchasing goods and services over the net. This way they save their time also.
What makes people to go easily for online shopping is that they can prepay also and now the facility of pay later is also available.
- Windowshopping:This kind of shopping is generally preferred by those who doesn’t have the full fledgling intention of buying things but are somehow addicted to scroll over new products. Sometimes it is also called browsing
- Streetshopping: It generally refers to shopping items from store located on the street of main town / city. Generally people easily can afford street shopping.